Monday 21 September 2015

Bathroom Toilet

The bathroom toilet proved as eventful as the sink.  Try as I might, I just can’t successfully bend and shape foamcore. (grin)  However, I was starting to like the contemporary boxy look.

I measured and cut the foamcore to the dimensions I thought the toilet should be for Wiccah’s size (measuring her first in a sitting position).  Using the top half of the tin shell butter dish as the toilet bowl, I traced the shape and carefully cut it out of the base of the toilet.  I covered all the pieces in MacTac and glued them together, opening the hole for the shell bowl to sink into.

Prior to sinking the toilet bowl into the base, I traced the shell onto foamcore, rounding out the scallops for a toilet seat and lid and used a bit of tape for the temporary hinge.  The foamcore seat/lid is very lightweight so in the future I may cut a new one out of sheet foam instead as it is a little heavier and sits better on the toilet bowl.  I then sunk the shell toilet bowl into the base and secured it with hot glue.  I still must affix a flushing handle when I decide on all the bathroom fixtures but you get the picture.  (grin)
.
The finished product turned out nice.
 
 
And the bathroom looked like this in the end!  I liked it (grin)

As always, let kindness and positive energy
fill your mind, body and soul.

Blessed Be, My Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment