Sunday 3 May 2015

There’s So Much More

Aside from the four girls themselves, I've a lot more planned for this little blog.  Just like all the twists and turns of life, so will this blog twist and turn its way through the wonderful world of doll collecting.  Shown here is an old picture of one of my rooms. (grin)  There are four walls like this.  And this is just a tiny little sample of my extensive Barbie collection.
I met a man once who seemed surprised at all the things I made and did with my dolls. He clarified his reaction saying, “I thought you said you collected dolls?” Ahhh, I understood then. This is a fairly general term.

I collect dolls and I guess, for lack of a better word, “play” with them.  Not in the traditional sense.  No, that just wouldn't seem right. (grin)

“Playing” with dolls at this time in my life is more akin to creating dioramas and feeling extremely satisfied with how that display turned out.  Being able to make stuff to add to their dioramas (since most of it is not available to buy) is also very gratifying.  I love being creative – it’s my whole life!

Taking it a step further and writing scripts for scenes, feels like “play” to me as well.  In scripts I get to act out a story-line I've visualize.  My imagination runs rampant all the time.  As a writer I’m always writing scenes, even if they are not attached to a particular book.  If a moment hits me, I write it down.  Most often I can incorporate it somewhere.

My Barbie Village is not geared to small children.  The dolls are in rolls that children wouldn't understand.  These are mimicking adult people in adult roles.  That’s how I planned it and that’s how it’s come about.

My Teen Trends girls are a different story.  They ARE young girls and I will gear the majority of their scenes towards that.

Granted, if you seriously look at the situation, you've got four teen girls living on their own, driving a car, venturing out into the world, no one of authority to mentor them, taking their responsibility and accountability on their own shoulders, and doing great…….(chuckle) only in the doll world!  Gotta love make believe!

To answer the guy who said “I thought you said you collected dolls?” I said, “Yes, yes I do.  Collecting dolls is as diverse as there are dolls in the world to collect…and I like to play!”

As always, let kindness and positive energy fill your mind, body and soul.

Blessed Be, My Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment