Monday 31 August 2015

The Bath & Shower

Since I never thought I would find much to furnish my girls’ house, let alone bathroom fixtures, I knew I had to make them myself.  I admit I was a real amateur in making stuff for this size of doll so everything was a big learning curve.

To make the bath and shower I needed the tub portion and searched many stores looking for the right oval “thing” to use as a tub.  I found my answer in the dollar store…a plastic oval casserole dish.  It was large enough for Wiccah to sit with legs stretched forward and if she wanted to lay down, her knees bent up like we all do in a bathtub so I was pleased with the fit.

Armed with the standard foamcore and some really cool white marble looking MacTac I went to work creating the first bathroom piece.

The tub-surround pieces I cut from foamcore the length and height I thought would work well when I put in a shower head. (approximately 18 inches high)  Using the casserole dish as a pattern I cut the hole out of a separate piece of foamcore for the base of the tub and slid the casserole dish tub in to work the fitting.  I wanted it snug inside even though there was a very slight lip on the casserole dish to hide imperfections.  I covered all pieces with the marble MacTac.

Since the hole for the tub was now covered with the MacTac, I made cuts in the MacTac starting at the center in triangle slices and carefully bent them over the hole.  You can see in the picture how it went.  Since MacTac is really thin you have to be really careful when folding the strips over so they don’t rip.  It’s a tedious but worthwhile procedure and works great in the end.

 

I trimmed the edges of the base of the tub with a pretty black bump ribbon to finish it off and I think it turned out great.  The only thing left to do was put the shower head, faucet and taps on.  I have not made the fixtures yet because I don’t know quite what I want them to look like yet, but the below picture shows the semi-finished project.  I was fairly happy with the results…but you be the judge…


Plants always add a certain amount of class to any room.  I placed these in to give color but really they are to enhance the whole bathroom.

As always, let kindness and positive energy
 fill your mind, body and soul.

Blessed Be, My Friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment