Wednesday 26 August 2015

The First Bed

When I made Wiccah’s first bed my idea was to cover it in velvet – a rich royal purple, to be exact.  I wanted the upholstered padded look for the bed trimmed with gold braid. 

With a basic and simple design, I made the frame out of foamcore to start with.  The bed was about 19 inches long and 5 inches wide, a higher headboard – about 12 inches and lower footboard about 8 inches and the height of the base about 4 inches.  Wiccah is 17 inches long so she had enough room for a pillow and foot room.    When Summer joined the family I duplicated the bed for her.

Finding the velvet proved troublesome and I abandoned the idea of finishing the beds until I had the fabric I really wanted.  I had many different pieces of purple fabric but not the shade I wanted and not velvet.  It was a little disappointing.  In retrospect, I’m glad I didn’t have everything needed because I ended up changing my mind a few times on how I wanted the beds finished.  (grin)

The picture below shows the basic un-made bed.  It’s not the best picture but you get the idea.  It served its purpose for Wiccah and Summer until Rowan joined the family.  My focus on their homestead began to expand and the look of their house was changing from what I had envisioned when Wiccah was my only girl.

I will keep these 2 beds in case I need them in the future but at this time they are stored away in bins.  I know I will probably use them, someday….


And this is the unfinished bed in the first bedroom I made for Wiccah.  It doesn’t look too bad even as plain as it is.


As always, let kindness and positive energy
fill your mind, body and soul.

Blessed Be, My Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment