Wednesday 22 July 2015

Genevieve - Double the Surprise

I bid on a few dolls on eBay during my trip to Arizona.  I was very lucky to come across and win the next bid.  This doll was Gabby and I got her for 3.24 USD plus shipping.  She came with her original outfit and the box and was being shipped from Hinesville, Georgia.

Luckily I saw this doll only a few hours before the auction was ending.  Waiting for the countdown was tough.  I kept refreshing my screen even though there were hours left.  When the waiting was finally over and I was notified that I had won the auction, I was really happy.  After struggling for nearly 2 years to get my four girls, I got 2 in one day!  How amazing is that?

Her name and designation was decided a few days prior to her arrival but I knew that I would change it if it didn’t seem right.  As it turned out she fit her name for me; I decided to name her Genevieve.  She would represent the element of Water.  She was delivered on 20 April 2015 and I was so happy.  She came with a T-shirt, pants, jacket, her original necklace and original earrings.

After a bath and her hair combed and trimmed, she looks great.  She does suffer a little from Floppy Leg Syndrome but not so much that it I will have to do any alterations just yet.  She is a twin to Summer so I must change her appearance.  Her hair will be re-rooted and her eyes and lips possibly repainted to give her a unique look. 

I always wonder what will happen when they begin to have a life with me.  The sky’s the limit, really.  I am so happy I got her!

There was another auction which I was outbid on at the very last second.  I was very disappointed for a few hours after but then I remembered that everything happens for a reason.  The dolls were also Gabby dolls.

From Arizona we headed over to Oregon to a swap meet and there I’d hoped I’d be lucky enough to get a couple more dolls.  Luck was with me so far and I had hoped it would continue.  But that’s another story…

As always, let kindness and positive energy
fill your mind, body and soul.

Blessed Be, My Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment