Wednesday 8 July 2015

Our Little Family is Growing!!

I never thought I would find any additional Teen Trends Dolls as easily as I did.  It took so long just to get the four girls and suddenly our little family has grown from 4 to 7 in just 3 days!  I’m very happy for my trip to Phoenix, Arizona this year!  It was so productive!

I am always looking for more dolls.  I search the internet, thrift shops, eBay and Kijiji (our version of Craig’s List) almost every day.  Usually the dolls I find on eBay, the seller will not ship to Canada.  Kijiji has dried up since I got Summer back in April 2013.  Same with the thrift shops I visit…nothing. (frown)

My first week in Arizona was spent finding all kinds of trinkets and stuff with no sight of my dolls.  I did feel disappointed.  Still as much as I felt brief moments of doubt I’d add to my little doll family, I continued to think positive knowing that when the time was right, the new girls would become available.

And the power of three strikes again.  Within three days I find three dolls.  How cool is that!?  (yes I know you should never have two punctuation marks at the end of a sentence but this is a doll blog, not a writer’s blog – which I also host (grin).  And my computer doesn’t have the interrobang so it’s all good) but I digress….

My 4 girls represent seasons.  As I thought of adding to them I knew that there were other representations I wanted to have as a part of our little coven of teenage witches (see Magic & Mayhem – The Life and Times of the Silvervale Sisters).  The elements of earth, water, air and fire symbolize much in my beliefs.  The moon, the stars, and the sun also embody the circle of energy for me.    Having the girls represent these fundamentals strengthens the positive energy I try to keep around me at all times.

Raven, Genevieve & Kindell have come into our family and are beginning a new chapter for the girls.  I want to take this moment to officially welcome them!

Wiccah, Rowan, Summer and Amber are the Chapter of Seasons.  Raven, Genevieve & Kindell begin the Chapter of Elements.  When the time is right our family will grow to complete this chapter with the addition of a new sister and the element of Earth.

After this, the possibility to begin an additional Chapter of Universe, which will include the moon, the stars, the sun and planets, is planned.

When all is said and done, the final chapter is a body of one – the 13th sister to complete the family.  I am excited to take my girls in this next direction! 

Since there were only four individual dolls made by Mattel, I already knew I would have to change their appearance to make them unique in their own right.  Hair color, eye color and lip color all can be easily altered to create new looks.  Since these girls have a chapter already picked out, I can modify their look based on this criterion.  My four girls will remain as they are.  The new girls will get the makeover (grin).  I am truly excited to get this project underway!

I’ve named each girl according to their representation.  Raven represents Air, Kindell represents Fire, and Genevieve represents Water.


My imagination is just whirring away with ideas for their storyline!  And just when I thought I had finished a set of four of their fashions, I’m crocheting again like a madwoman to dress these new girls.  I’m excited to introduce them so let’s get started!

As always, let kindness and positive energy
fill your mind, body and soul.


Blessed Be, My Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment