Sunday 19 July 2015

Raven - A Complete Surprise

While in Arizona searching the internet for dolls, I came across a brand new posting on eBay in a suburb that was only 2 hours away from where we have a house.  I immediately wrote the seller asking if she would consider changing the ad to a “buy it now” so that I could buy it and pick it up instead of shipping it all the way to Canada – that’s if I won the auction more than six days away.

Amazing seller, this was!  She agreed and changed the ad to “buy it now”.  I had placed a bid on the doll as soon as I saw it so I had my finger in the pie just in case.  We would drive down the next day and pick her up.  The pictures were not clear but I believed it was Kianna though the description said the doll had blue eyes and black streaked hair.

I was so elated my face hurt from smiling so much!  (grin!)

When I picked her up she was in passable shape, her head a bit wobbly (which took only to put push it back onto the little knob) and matted hair.  I noticed her clothes had never been removed; they were still pinned together by the manufacturer’s tags.  When I had her in the car, the first thing I did was remove her pants to check her legs.  Because she was played with yet her clothes never removed, the elastic in her legs was stretched so she does have a bit of the floppy leg issue.  This is something I think I can touch up. 

She had a bit of makeup on her face which rubbed off without leaving any marks or stains.  That made me very happy because it was across her forehead and eyes.  There was some on her hands too that just cleaned off with a wet wipe.

Her clothes were in great shape and once laundered they’ll be just fine to wear again.  I was very happy to see her original boots too.  Finding anything for these dolls is nearly impossible so having another set is a great find.

As it turned out, after a bath, a trim and a good inspection, I decided to name her Raven.  She would represent the element of Air.  Being the twin to Wiccah, her hair is dark brown with blonde highlights so I’ve decided to re-root her hair black but possibly paint her eyes a deep blue and change her lip color as best I can.  Pictures to come!

Overall I’m happy with her and feel blessed to have found the next chapter of TTD’s for our growing little family!

As always, let kindness and positive energy
fill your mind, body and soul.

Blessed Be, My Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment