Thursday 30 July 2015

Tierra, the Whoo! Hoo! Moment

It always amazes me that things come to me at exactly the time in my life when I need them the most.  It’s been stressful for me over the last little while as I struggle through troubles with my feet.  My Achilles tendons are separating from my heels on both feet and it’s disheartening to have such trouble walking, not to mention the pain it causes.  Needless to say I’ve been a little down from it.

On 14 July 2015 I picked up the leg splints I would have to wear and as I was driving home, I decided to go to the Goodwill store close to home.  I have not been there for a few months, as I have been on the farm, and thought maybe wandering through would cheer me up.

I headed for the toy area and began my eagle-eye search at the beginning of the aisle.  I found a couple items of interest; then as I swung my gaze to the left where the dolls were always piled, I immediately spotted a familiar pair of legs!  I couldn’t reach for them fast enough!  As I pulled the doll out from under the pile my heart skipped a beat!

Staring back at me with a full head of wavy auburn hair was the face of Teen Trends Deondra!  Rowan’s twin!  I swear I nearly had a coronary right there in the aisle!  The one doll I had hoped to find and here she was in my hand.  Her price was a whopping $4.00.

I had longed to see Rowan with her beautiful flowing hair and even though I love her as she is, short hair and all, seeing her twin was amazing.  This was what she originally looked like with a mane of gorgeous hair!

This new girl had only a t-shirt on with her necklace (minus the chain) sewed to the t-shirt.  She also had silver hoop type earrings.  Her hair is matted and has some kind of blue gunk on parts which I think I can get out with a good washing.  She also has some makeup or something like that on her face.  

Sadly Goodwill marks the prices of their dolls on the feet (or back of the neck in Rowan’s case) with a black sharpie so she now has permanent damage there. (frown)  I’ve lightened the dots with a good cleaning to what you see in the picture below, but still it irks me that she has this damage.  Rowan’s is worse as it’s in the soft plastic of her head.
The good news about her body is that her limbs are snug!  No floppy legs or arms for my new girl!  I am so glad about that.  This is a real problem with some of the other girls so not having this as an issue is great!

The second chapter in the Silvervale Sisters’ Elements Representations is now complete.  I’ve decided to name the new doll Tierra, which means Earth.  Though she is the twin to Rowan, I will not re-root her hair.  I’ve looked so long for an intact version of this doll that I will do my best to clean her up and restore her to her original beauty.

Tierra has come into my little doll family when I needed her most.  She brightened my day so much and brought lots of smiles to my face.  I am so happy to have found her and look forward to cleaning her up and introducing her to the rest of the girls. 

As always, let kindness and positive energy
fill your mind, body and soul.

Blessed Be, My Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment