Sunday 19 April 2015

Wiccah Starts it All - Part 2

As is my way, I began to see what direction this doll would take as I held her in my hands.  She would represent the seasons for my belief system.  I would dress her accordingly and she would be displayed during spring, summer, fall and winter in a medieval type dress and accessories befitting the current season.  But first she needed a name.  That was easy.  It came to me right away and I had not used the name with my other dolls.  I named her Wiccah Summervale.


Now before I go further I must give you a brief background of my doll collecting.  I’ve mentioned I am a Barbie collector.  I have over 2300 dolls at the moment.  Each of my dolls has a name and no names are repeated.  They follow the alphabet – meaning that one doll has a name that starts with the letter “A” and then “B” etc.  When I get to “Z” I start over at “A” again.

I am building a doll village for my Barbie’s and intend to create a website to display my creation.  It’s a massive undertaking and I can only work on it in my spare time.  I intend to create running dioramas and have been working on the scripts for a few years.   

When I got Wiccah, some of my focus changed.  I was going through a troubled time in my life and used this doll to redirect my energies to more positive things.  If Wiccah was going to represent the seasons, she would have to sit on something.  I would make her a chair.  From the chair came a table, a table continued to a bed.  In no time I was building furniture and making her clothes, since she came with only the one outfit she was wearing.

This outfit was not the kind of clothes a goddess of the seasons would wear so I set them aside for now.  In my spare room I made a small block type room for her bedroom out of foamcore.  I had seen something similar on the internet for American Girl dolls while researching ideas for anything doll related.  Before long I made 4 rooms - bedroom, kitchen, living room, and bathroom.  (Posted here are only the two rooms I took pictures of)  Most of the furniture I had to make myself.  I did find some odd things in the thrift shops I could modify to fit Wiccah.  I thoroughly enjoyed making stuff for this doll and it helped me focus on getting through some really tough times.




One day, as Wiccah sat in her new bedroom, I thought she should have a friend or sister.  Little did I know how difficult it would be to find another doll like her.



But that is another tale for another day…

As always, let kindness and positive energy
fill your mind, body and soul.


Blessed Be, My Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment