Thursday 16 April 2015

Wiccah Starts it All

Part 1

This blog is dedicated to my four Teen Trend Dolls.  Wiccah, Summer, Rowan, and Amber (also known as Yafoor (an inside joke which I will reveal later). 

It has taken me nearly two years to acquire all four dolls.  I vaguely remember seeing them in Toys R Us many years ago, but since they were not the type of doll I had interest in at that time, I never looked beyond barely a glance.

Then one day (14 March 2013 to be exact) I was at my local Goodwill Thrift Store searching for Barbie’s I didn't already have when I saw this large doll with terribly ratty hair. 

I picked her up and admired how pretty she was - even looking like the ragamuffin in this picture. But I put her back to continue my Barbie search. Strangely I kept going back to pick her up and admire her again.

One thing I know about myself is when something draws me to pick it up three times, I know it is supposed to come home with me.  She was priced at $3.00 and home with me she went.

Initially I thought my year old grand daughter would enjoy playing with her when she got older and could care for her responsibly.  Since I am a doll collector, I want to teach Torrie to treat her dolls with respect to maintain their beauty and value.  Once Torrie was older  I believed she would simply love this doll.

At home I put all the dolls I bought aside to be cleaned when I had time.  When the day came to cleaning them and recording them in my database I looked at this large doll again.  As I examined her I noticed that her arms and legs were elastic jointed.  I wasn't sure what I thought of that.  This would be my first experience with this type of doll.

I removed her clothes and bathed her, taking note of her complete design.  After her hair was combed and slightly trimmed I realized this doll was simply beautiful.  But who was she?  I saw she was made by Mattel.  Parked in front of my laptop I measured her height and typed into Google “Mattel 17 inch doll”.  Instantly her picture came up.  She was Mattel’s Teen Trends - Kianna. 

As per all the dolls that come into my home, whoever they were when created by the doll manufacturer faded away and they adopted a new life with me.  This doll was no different.  She would get a new name, a new personality and become part of my doll world.  Yes, she was much larger but I began to see a future for her.  Since her body design was not conducive to toddlers, giving her to my grand daughter Torrie was out.  She would stay with me – and I welcomed her with open arms.

As always, let kindness and positive energy
fill your mind, body and soul.

Blessed Be, My Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment