Friday 24 March 2017

Storing the Girls Safely Too

The boxes for girls have worked out very well – when there were only four girls.  Now that there are eleven we have a storage and safety issue for the other seven.

Again I find myself shining in the bright light of a lucky star.

The day before we were to travel to Phoenix, we stopped by Michaels craft store.  My “Spidey” sense was tingling. (grin)  While I hobbled around the store looking for things of interest I walked past an aisle that had pink doll storage cases displayed.  I recognized them as the Michaels brand 18” doll cases I’d seen retailing at $49.99 a few weeks earlier.  What was different about them now was that they had a sign that said 60% off.  Now I stopped to have a look!  I picked out four of them and at the cash register got an additional 15% off.  Whoo! Hoo!
These are fabric cases which zip all the way around with a circular center window.  I like that they have handles both on the side and top to carry around.  The cases came with inside cardboard wall supports, which I have kept, and a back belt.  Since my girls are half the girth of 18” dolls, I knew two dolls could fit in one case.
To top it off, on our way back to the city after returning from Phoenix, I had a penchant to return to Michaels to see if they had sold out of the cases.  My return trip to Michaels was fruitful again and I left with another four cases at the same bargain price.

At home I had my first chance to see just how my dolls fit inside them.  They are perfect.  Two girls fit in one and both can be seen from the case’s circular window.  They fit wonderfully standing in their doll stands and can even be strapped in if needed.
With eight cases I can store sixteen Teen Trends dolls.  I plan to only have the thirteen but one never knows what I will find in the future.  I also have some really great dolls including two 18 inch Barbie’s, a Lorifina doll, two pretty Heart 4 Heart’s, and a BFC that looks like the one Heart 4 Heart’s older sister!  I also found an Our Generation doll in Goodwill when I found Teirra.  I’ve no shortage of dolls to keep safe! (grin)

As always, let kindness and positive energy
fill your mind, body and soul.

Blessed Be, My Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment