Wednesday 22 March 2017

Two Horses Join the Family!

I had a heck of a time finding the horses when I decided they were a “must have”.  By the time I got them, I had gone to 9 different Wal-Mart’s.  Here’s the clincher though…I didn’t find them at all.

My daughter-in-law knew of my troubles and I said if she ever saw them, grab them!  A couple days later I get a text asking “this one or that one”.  Huh?  The pictures sent were of the furry tan horses - ones with a blue horse tack and the other pink tack.  Both of course! (grin)

My wonderful daughter-in-law picked them up in a tiny town about an hour and a half away.  Bless that Wal-Mart!   The horses retailed at $34.97.  I like that they have a few points of articulation. I also like that their ears move forward, back or side.

Initially I thought these horses were identical but with different colored bridle and saddles.  Not true at all.  I had never seen the two together so I didn’t notice the difference.  The pink one has a rounded triangle on her forehead and a grey nose and the blue one has a long strip of white from the ears to the nose with a white nose.  Even without their saddles I can identify them. 

Since the horses are going to be a part of the Magic and Mayhem series with the girls, I named them with the magical theme in mind.

The female’s name is Stardust.

The male’s name is Nightwind.
As you can see in the next photos, their size works beautifully for my girls.  This is Wiccah with Nightwind.  Though her feet cannot fit in the stirrups at the moment (I may have to modify them) she looks great riding or standing beside the horse.
I’m quite happy to have the horses to add to my collection.  I’m getting used to their size and planning everything they will need.  Their future includes blinged out tack, a horse trailer, a stable, and maybe even a little fantasy unicorn horn.  Who knows what I’m going to come up with but I sure am going to be busy!

On a side note: The Our Generation horses look more realistic but the ones I saw were not articulate and made of hard plastic.  The Wal-Mart horses will meet my needs for the girls.  To me this is more important.  They still look like horses and I know that when they are set in their scenes, they will work out perfectly.

As always, let kindness and positive energy
 fill your mind, body and soul.

Blessed Be, My Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment